Even the best drivers meet with an accident at some point in their lives. To be able to cope with the sudden expenditure easily, it is important to have an effective insurance cover both for yourself as well as the car. This does not eradicate all the stress involved in an accident such as any trauma or injury, but a good insurance cover can really help by at least relieving the stress related to paying all hospital bills. There are many factors to consider when obtaining a good insurance package for a cheaper vehicle.
Of all the things to consider, some important points are:
- Increasing the excess. This means that the premium that you pay keeps changing depending on your driving history till that point. If you meet with an accident, your premium automatically goes up. Conversely, the premium decreases if you don’t meet with an accident for a time period.
- Choose what the insurance applies to. This involves picking one of more from fire, theft and third party. The premium for this type of coverage again takes into account the age and present condition your car is in.
- Nominated Driver Discounts. These discounts are available to the customer if he/she guarantees that only drivers above 25 will drive the car. They offer a reduced premium in this case.
- Nominated Driver Low Kilometer Discount. This is targeted towards senior drivers or if the family owns a second car. It offers a lower premium if the car travels less than 10,000 kilometers per year.
- Price of the package. This is in addition to the standard aspects that you have to consider when choosing the right package. This just involves the cost of the cover. Make sure that the premium that you pay is worth it. There are even discounts for using an approved security device as well as funds towards overnight accommodation and transport after you meet with an accident. Even if your car is stolen, there are funds provided to hire a vehicle. You could even obtain a lifetime guarantee on all repairs as long as you still own the car.
- Online discounts. These online companies can offer up to 10% discount, which adds up to a significant value when you consider the total premium that you pay for a period of time. Some of the reputed companies also give you the freedom to hire your own repairer at no additional cost.
- Some companies even offer discounts to children of existing customers. At first, this might seem to be a good deal, as it is cheaper than other similar packages. Be sure to compare the deal with other car insurers to make sure that the insurer offers the very best coverage for you. Need guaranteed car finance in the UK?
- Normal vehicle covers could be extended beyond the mandatory year. The longer the period is that you purchase the policy for, the greater the certainty that the savings will be passed on to the customer.